Monday, April 6, 2009

lock up your daughters!

No wait? Seriously?
Fuck off!



Way to take a decent character and turn her into a prostitute.
Isn't that what this is?
Sexualizing Dora for an increase of profit...
Dora was a nice alternative to Bratz dolls...now she's almost just as bad.

I'll go ahead and blame capitalism.
This new Dora is gonna be all about shopping and make-up, which sells more products.

What else disturbs me is that this teaches children what it means to be a "girl" in this fucked up culture.
Kids learn from playing and Mattel plans on selling a Dora computer game that lets you dress and accessorize her.

This makes me really sad cause despite everything feminists are doing, this is what sells to young girls.
It scares me to think that this is what the little girls I know are looking up to and parents are buying into it.

No comments: